zett - 6:41 am on Jan 5, 2011 (gmt 0)
We have 5 senses and males being a visually stimulated sex; like visual cues.
Well, well. Personally, I think the images do not stimulate me. Right now I am seeing (from top to bottom):
- Firefox logo
- Some weird circle (apparently a distorted clock)
- facebook logo with money
- blekko logo
- 32 GB hard drive
- 2010/2011 logo
- Girl in money rain
- Girl with glass ball
- (no image for "Internet TV")
- facebook vs. Google logo
- iPhone photo
- blekko logo (again!)
- facebook vs. Google logo (again!)
- Google Adwords logo with question mark
- FIRED logo
- (no image for "What shall I do...")
- (no image for "Google Adsense testing...")
- A group of business guys (hard to make out)
- A guy in casual clothes holding a speech (Matt Cutts?)
- (no image for "What is the smallest thing...")
- ebay logo with brands4friends logo
- (no image for "Google adds...")
- del.icio.us logo
- facebook logo with money (again!)
Visually stimulating? You must be kidding!
And so I stick with my previous comments: looks 1998-ish and does not add ANY value to the site (on the contrary: all the copy makes the page longer, thus making it HARDER to spot valuable information. The images are boring and un-inspiried (at best) and again add almost NO value to the reader. One could put them away as "eye candy", but they are not candy.
Since there is very little debate over this, I assume that WebmasterWorld regulars just do not care enough. Or maybe they simply stay off the site, thinking - "so what?" and move to other community sites.