jmccormac - 7:43 am on Jun 26, 2013 (gmt 0)
These are the questions you have to ask:
How feasible would it be to create our own search engine and what things would we need to do it?
1. What do you want to index?
2. What will be the size of the working index?
3. How often will the index be updated?
4. How do you intend to keep the index clean?
5. What levels of expertise are available?
6. What kind of hardware is available?
7. What kind of funding is available?
8. How long is the period between startup and launch?
9. How will it make money?