alika - 6:51 pm on Apr 15, 2013 (gmt 0)
Our servers crashed last week after a load of attempts to login to our Wordpress. As mentioned here, we password protected our Wordpress login for added security
However, since we put in place the password protection, we got a notice from Google webmaster tool about "Increase in authorization permission errors". GWT was reporting errors in the form of
We've done this in the past when we had a massive attack, and Google did not raise a fit. So we had to remove the password protection in the meantime to appease the google gods. The authorization permission errors stopped climbing up, but stagnated (we were hoping it would go down).