moTi - 3:36 pm on Oct 18, 2012 (gmt 0)
i tried out twitter about two years ago and abandoned it a few weeks later.
- twitter is used by comparably few people, at least outside the us: none of my peers use twitter. even if they would, i don't know what i should do there. it's not a tool for my conversations.
- the name sounds ridiculous and immature outside the english-speaking sphere. if you ask someone if he is twittering, you earn a sympathetic grin at most - it's embarrassing.
- i hate what i hear about the management. in view of how they treat the developers, they must be quite ugly guys. caring more about their logo. it's disgusting. i wish them the worst.
- i find it overhyped. it's nothing more than an instant messenger on a web basis - rather worse because of the limitations. most people who are so mad about it, are late adopters - kids don't use twitter, they know it's a redundant tool.
- twitter is a marketing platform. use it for your job to promote yourself, fine. but honest conversation is a different thing. twitter is overrun with web marketers and pr folks, all of them with commercial interests. really not the kind of people i like to listen to.