---- Report: Facebook Now Serving 31.2 pct Of U.S. Online Ads
frontpage - 12:59 pm on May 5, 2011 (gmt 0)
@ BillyS -- Your opinion is not consistent with facts or reality.
FB will be issuing an IPO soon. They need to because the network will soon collapse under its own weight. Count on it.
1) Several figures close to Facebook’s finances told The Wall Street Journal that they thought its profit was growing at a fast-enough rate to justify a valuation of $100 billion or more when it goes public
2) At the start of this year Goldman Sachs invested $450m in Facebook in a deal which valued the US social network site at $50bn. Russian group, Digital Sky Technologies also invested $50m at the same time, taking its total holding to more than $500m.
3) Facebook is on track to exceed $2 billion in 2011 earnings before interest and taxes, depreciation and amortization, or EBITDA.
4) In 2011, Facebook expects to collect $4.05 billion in worldwide advertising revenue.
5) The company's revenue forecast represent 117 percent growth compared with revenue of $1.86 billion in 2010, and more than five times its $740 million revenue in 2009.
6) For 2012, the forecasted figure is $5.74 billion in global revenue, a 678 percent increase from 2009.
7) The social networking giant now controlling a third of the (online ad) market and gaining in excess of 346 billion impressions – almost double what they received in 2010. With Microsoft losing 10% of their display advertising impressions and Yahoo shrinking by almost 15% (19 billion impressions in real terms).