How do we stay relevant in these wild-wild-west social media days?
- Forums are taking hits all over the web.
- Software is pushing the envelop of 'connectivity'.
- The latest vbulletin is closer to Wordpress than it's roots of Ultimate Bulletin Board.
- Twitter as-the-public-chatroom has exploded.
- How many blogs do you have? Some senior members here manage dozens of successful blogs
- The twitter 140char format has decimated indepth quality discussion around the web.
- The average message length is about 30% of what it was 5 years ago here.
Can forums in this format survive?
How can the format be tweaked to encourage quality discussions?
How can we stay relevant?