- - Microsoft
- -- Microsoft Corporate
- ---- Microsoft Files Complaint With EU Commission Over Google's Dominance
Shaddows - 1:38 pm on Mar 31, 2011 (gmt 0)
According to the BBC [bbc.co.uk], the reason isnt so much dominance as abuse of position.
|The software maker claims that Google used its dominant position in the search market to restrict the growth of Microsoft services. |
It cites a number of practices, including Google limiting the ability of Microsoft Bing to index web content.
From the blog post referenced by the OP, the BBC summarises 5 areas of concern:
|- Using technical measures to stop Microsoft's search engine Bing from indexing content on Google-owned YouTube. |
- Blocking Microsoft Smartphones from operating properly with YouTube.
- Controlling access to online copies of out-of-copyright books.
- Limiting the ability of businesses to reclaim "their own information" generated through Google advertising campaigns for use elsewhere.
- Compelling leading websites to only use Google search boxes on their pages.
Thread source: http://www.webmasterworld.com/msft/4289981.htm
Brought to you by WebmasterWorld: http://www.webmasterworld.com