dvduval - 2:56 pm on May 29, 2003 (gmt 0) Search Engine Centric Links Characteristics User Centric Links Characteristics
I'm thinking that the appearance of a links section that is designed for the user, not the search engine, would have a different characteristics:
1. Links are not organized
2. They are displayed on a "Links Page"
3. Reciprocal Links are required
4. The links page is "buried" so nobody can find it.
5. The links are not very well chosen because it's all about page rank.
6. The link text is designed to target keywords.
7. They have an "add your link" page with a "url of reciprocal link" box.
1. The links are organized into an easily navigated directory OR
2. The links are placed throughout the site so that they are relevant to the content on the page.
3. The links have been carefully chosen for their content and relevancy.
4. The link text is the title of the site or page.
5. The description is not "canned text" and some thought was used in the writing.
Search Engine Centric Links Characteristics
User Centric Links Characteristics