australiangirl - 6:57 pm on Mar 31, 2003 (gmt 0)
Incredible discussion going here..
Ok, I'm hearing a few themes and want to get them right before I implement.
1. I solicit and direct the inbound links campaign, then once a week send requests to our web master. Now the web master is also optimizing our site when linking I offer the SEO script that he has given me. Is this a ill advised? As it was explained to me it gives our whole campaign congruency.
2. How many links is enough, or are there never enough? Should I continue to reach 500? We have 90 currenly, increased every week and all tightly themed, I very particular on this one.
3. When is it time for a directory, I am thinking for us it should be soon as I have identified five specific categories that would a. look better, b. be a benefit to our viewers. Does Google have an opinion on directories?
4. We currently don't use anchor text and link to our home page, problem here? as we are in the spec food buiness, I prefer to have them do to the index page where they can do what they want, look at recipes, buy products , read our story etc. Again bad idea?
5. We are recip linking as we are rel. young and thought we couldn't get links any other way. If I had something to offer I would, we do have recipes..
6. I am looking into adding a link to us. and like the idea of offering it on each page for deeper linking, atleast I think this is the reason.
7. AS I said we are rel. new, and because of linking went from a pr2-pr5 throughout the site in a few days but my link page doesn't register at all. Why? is this just a matter of spiders being slow?
8. As I am meeting with my client on status of campaign, IYHO how long does it take to get ten good, sites, PR4 or bette to link with you?
Ok, School's out, always appeciate your comments, what a savvy board you have here Paynt!