1) Great/Amazing content combined with intelligent outreach
2) Guest posting on relevant sites
3) Social media (also powerful for brand awareness)
4) High % of branded anchor text + low % of exact match + lots of noise
- Reciprocal links - Not a good use of time unless very relevant.
- Blog Rolls - More likely to do damage than good nowadays.
- Blog comments - Only manual comments that add value - no spam.
- Wide range of keywords - Always a good idea to target as many relevant keywords with decent search volume as possible.
- Only high quality one way links - Yes of course, but not 'Only'.
- No purchased links - Its more complicated - Some paid links such as sponsorship can and do work.
- Forget About lots of external linking - Just Build Strong Content - The former follows the latter.