Planet13 - 3:42 pm on Jan 11, 2012 (gmt 0)
Since I use excel / access, I will pipe in here first, but I hope CainIV comes back and chimes in too.
I set up columns for:
- Link URL
- Any Page Rank / Moz Rank / AC Rank value
- Date I First Contacted them
- A future date to follow up with them
- email address / contact form URL
- phone number
- list of broken links on their site (separated by coma or a space), found with xenu
- various on page SEO suggestions they can use to improve their site's rankings
The last one is important, too. If they links to my site, I want to thank them, and help them rank well, too. After all, if they link to my site, the better they rank, then the more likely they are to get more natural links, and the more likely that link juice will flow to my site, too.
Note: This takes a lot of time and energy and PATIENCE to do. And I am sure there are many SEO who, if they read this, would say, "Oh, that's so CUTE! Do you still believe in Santa Claus, too?"