- - Marketing and Biz Dev
- -- Link Development
- ---- What are links worth in monetary value?
martinibuster - 10:45 pm on Mar 19, 2011 (gmt 0)
Monetary value of links?
They are generally worth significantly less than many site publishers assume.
Some site publishers assume that a couple hundred or so visitors a day is an impressive amount. It's not.
Some site publishers believe that 50,000 page views per month is impressive. It is not.
Some site publishers believe that more traffic equals value to advertisers. It does not because the site visitors are nowhere near researching a product and much less into buying one.
Then there are the issues with their backlinks...
Why links from a few sites may have some worth
- The site has enough traffic to show up on Google Trends for Websites
- The site has enough traffic to show up on Quantcast
- The site not only shows up on the above two, but impressively so
- Site visitors are in the reviewing/buying cycle
- Site visitors are relevant to the topic of your product/site
- Because of site visitor demographics or their interests, they are ideal to convert into a visitor to your site
- Backlinks to the site do not pass your threshold of what you consider spammy
- Backlinks to the site are genuine citations, not no-followed bogus links
- Backlinks to the site are numerous
Thread source: http://www.webmasterworld.com/link_development/4279596.htm
Brought to you by WebmasterWorld: http://www.webmasterworld.com