hulahoop - 4:16 pm on Oct 29, 2010 (gmt 0)
Ok I have so many questions on links development I don't know where to begin. What I know about link development is so 8 years ago and haven't updated myself. Well here they are anyway and hope you can help...
1) How do I check how many links I have linking to my site? I did a link:http://www.abc.com/ on G and somehow I don't think it is accurate. On day it was showing 90 then the next day 85.
2) Are forum links better or blog links?
3) I see someone answered saying insite text links are best but most sites don't give out links anymore and sites that do are mainly blogs right?
4) How do I check if the link given to me is a no follow?
5) When giving out links from my own site, should I always do a no follow and when do I not do a no follow? I thought it is now good to give out links. I am right or mistaken?
6) What are the top directories today to submit to?
7) Also does submission to directories from different parts of the world affect your search results? Eg. I once was in Greece and I submitted my site to google while at an internet cafe daily for 2 weeks. That was 5 years ago and somehow, I seem to get more sales from Greece. Call it coincidence but I think not. I can't prove it for sure on Google but I swear that Greece is my highest contributing in terms of sales outside the US and UK. So say I submit from UK, will it help me with US serps?
8) Do you consider this a 2 way link? I get a review from a site on their blog. Later I ad them to my resource list and review them too. Is this a 2 way link and kinda cancels out our links?
9) My site is an e commerce site. How do I get links as most are not willing to link to an e commerce site? Any ideas?
10) Does posting on comments of blogs count as links? or just links on the main part of the blog count?
11) Will it hurt my site if I commented on blogs that have a lot of other spammy comments because the blog was not moderated?
12) Do forum links actually count and get picked up by Google?
Ok I think I will stop here else it may scare you from answering. Thanks for the help guys.