CenSin - 5:13 am on Nov 9, 2010 (gmt 0)
Yea, we locked down all link benefits to registering for our forums ages ago. You have to become a contributing member, and it takes a while to earn that trust.
Yeah, I do that also for my forums.
Speaking of forum profile (and blog comments), I did a test a week ago:
- registers a new domain (.com) with 2 words, cost $7.66.
- create index page with description for my new domain for near future development.
- create a profile & signature in my owned two high traffic forums.
- submit a couple of on topic comments in my owned blog (other domain)
- sit tight, let the feeds do the magic.
A couple of days later, when I do a search in goog .com, my new site already in position #8 for ten mill. results.
With $7.66 cost and little extra works, the result is priceless.