Firstly,I would like to say that every link pointing to your site is helpful. If I have to choose then:
# 2-Way Link Exchange with any theme related site. PageRank is not a factor.
# One Way Links from any trusted and aged domain.
# Hubs and Authority sites are worth targeting. Others are a waste of time. Long Term.
One way links are the best and I would love to go for that.If my site is new then it will be very tough to get one way links.In that case I would go for 2-Way Link Exchange with any theme related site.If I have the opportunity of one way links,with out a 2n thought I will go for that.
Location of link
1. try the HomePage (usually highest PR and traffic)
2. Resources, Partners, Links, no different as long as it's indexed by the SE.
3. Sub Pages or "content related" pages that are targeting scope of keyword[s] are the way to go.
If my site is well known in my targeted sector then there is a possibility that I can get a link at Home Page and I will surely go for it.But again for a new site its tough.In that case I will go for 3. Sub Pages or "content related" pages that are targeting scope of keyword[s] are the way to go.
1. HomePage only, with different link text.
2. Sub Page for targeted keyword(s).
3. Long Tail - each 1 to 3 keywords another page.
Again for a new site I would prefer 1. HomePage only, with different link text ,but for a well known site 2. Sub Page for targeted keyword(s) are better I think.