buckworks - 9:13 pm on Jul 11, 2004 (gmt 0) You can use automated methods to help you: You need human judgement to:
There's a difference between "automated" and "assisted by automation", and in my opinion that's where a lot of would-be link hunters go astray.
- scout for sites that might be suitable to request links from
- keep your campaign organized.
- assess whether each site is in fact a well-matched, well-targeted candidate for a link request. Skimp here and you're guaranteed to cause offense.
- read their instructions for how to suggest links. (ditto)
- identify who is the most suitable person to write to. (ditto)
- actually write an artful link letter (ditto)
You can use automated methods to help you:
You need human judgement to: