Load and render time of a single page isn't the real metric of speed. I think you have to factor in the entire surfing experience.
If you know how to use Opera well, I believe it is significantly faster than any browser mentioned in this thread.
Some things I do:
- Rarely open a page with a single 'click'. When using Google, just SHIFT-Ctrl-Click rapid fire all the results into new background tabs. Read the first one while the rest are loading.
- Use the 'single key' inputs. (z=back, x=forward).
- Use mouse gestures. Navigation doesn't require keyboard 90% of time.
- Use bookmark branches and open 20-100 tabs with one click. This is great for your "morning runs". Never forget to check a site again!
- Privacy-Security: turn on/off referral strings/cookies/plugins by pressing f12.
- Bandwidth stealing ads: turn off ad loads by right clicking on them.