Page is a not externally linkable
-- Opera Browser Usage and Support
---- Opera 7 gripes
mischief - 4:03 am on May 15, 2003 (gmt 0)Password management (basic HTTP auth passwords, not with the wand) is crap
Things that annoy me about Opera:
- not possible to save passwords for entire directories
- same page, different query string: "remeber password" option useless
- password protected pages are not reloaded after crash (yes it's a feature but at least make it an option)
SSL certificate management is crap.
- using an intranet with https and a fake certificate? wish you could tell Opera that certificate is OK? tough
- "don't show this again" option doesn't work when using forms on inscure pages that send data scripts behind SSL
Installing new resets .ini files to defaults
- spent hours customising your menus? you'll have to do it again, sorry
Changelogs are incomplete
- eg: no notice that ctrl+space doesn't open your homepage in a new window; no notice that .ini files are incompatible; etc
Bug database is private
- is this really necessary? why hide them if they're such an "open" browser?
Customer support is awful
- no response to three emails about their directory of hotbar panels
- no acknowledgement of bugs submitted
- no acknowledgement or credit for patches sent
OK so it's still the best browser. But, sometimes, just arg.
Thread source:: http://www.webmasterworld.com/opera_browser/169.htm
Brought to you by WebmasterWorld: http://www.webmasterworld.com