Page is a not externally linkable
- Code, Content, and Presentation
-- Content Management
---- New Forum - Content Management
henry0 - 12:29 pm on May 6, 2006 (gmt 0)Site purpose
Major factor in starting from ground zero is client education
Most do think that a brochure and a few press releases will do it.
Then since content is "King" the second step in education is to find a company responsible for developing new content.
Here are some guidelines for those in search of some guidance and administrative "solution":
Project scope: Main site and umbrella sites
Metrics: Measure user's site perception and incorporate user's perception with press and trend to define a general "feeling"
Performance: This regards the tech aspect and challenges.
User experience: Define primary and secondary users
Value proposition: in term of strategic and tactical
Scenarios: Competition analysis (Features, personalization and tech issues)
Site content Existing content
Content acquisition method
Documenting via content inventory organized by:
Source and audience type
- And Transactional
Ambiguous, topical audience oriented, metaphor driven or hybrid
And finally ranking content
Conceptuality and usability.
- Navigation system: Hierarchical, global and local
- Labeling pages links and defining if links will be textual or iconic
- Blue print to include relationship between entry, label, content and functions
- Grids to depict elements' placement
- Mockup: With content linkage
- Review alignment, contrast and find repetition if any.
- Web prototype to review functionality, appearance and errors
Thread source:: http://www.webmasterworld.com/content_management/1.htm
Brought to you by WebmasterWorld: http://www.webmasterworld.com