keyplyr - 7:19 pm on Jul 4, 2013 (gmt 0) [edited by: keyplyr at 7:59 pm (utc) on Jul 4, 2013]
I believe the reason I started blocking the genieo UA a few years ago was to keep my sites out of their database. This proved to be unsuccessful since it appeared they were using one of the index dumps available at the time. This may have changed and they may be crawling on their own.
After doing (little) research I discovered that users who installed their browser add-on could capture content and store it for a variety of uses, so I re-added the UA block. Of course almost all modern browsers can download web content to their local machines nowadays, but it was the "service" feature that annoyed me.
At the time I think I considered the fact that doing this blocks all genio users with the genio add-on much like blocking any scraping tool UA also blocks those that use it.
FWIW - SERPs will show a few "remove genio" services/tools accompanied by user testaments of trojan like behavior.
[edited by: keyplyr at 7:59 pm (utc) on Jul 4, 2013]