Bewenched, I still hope that you're doing it because you made some mistake conclusions, mixed us with someone else. But it's getting more and more annoying. If you have some proofs of what you write - go ahead and take legal actions. Of course, in internet you can write whatever you want. I'm, again, would like to point the following facts:
You wrote me a message with a list of websites and IP asking if it was us. I said NO. I don't know how to give any proofs that we are not these guys. If you're not related with someone there are usually no proofs of this. Please prove to me that you're not hired by one of our competitors. You write nonsense mixing us with some guys I've never heard of, and do it with such a big pressure. Pushing.
I asked you what your website is to investigate the situation, you refused, giving me much less chances to understand what's going on and what happened at all.
>>now they're coming around without showing their user agent! << >>Now that hot-linking isn't showing when qippo snags an image.<< Oh, really? This is a lie. Or a mistake, but this is NOT TRUE.
To close this conversation, I'd like to make a few statements:
1) Qippo does crawl some electronic stores pages and images with an idea to include it in our listing. We believe that this is good for stores to be included there.
2) We ALWAYS send our user agent when requesting the page.
3) We listen to robots.txt (and <meta name="robots" for HTML pages).
4) We will stop crawling your website by your first request, if you don't want to change your robots.txt WE RESPECT YOUR RIGHT NOT TO BE CRAWLED OR INDEXED.
5) We don't give this data to ANYONE else, we don't crawl it for any other reason except of what's written in (1)
6) We display only thumbnails of images, with direct links to the source of where this image came from.
7) We DO NOT hot-link. Show any image that is hotlinked. How you can use this argument at all if on our website there is no a single hotlinked image?
8) We participate in any conversations and are open to it. We promise to investigate any case openly.
This is what we do, Bewenched. I know how forum conversations usually go and understand that it's always easier to blame someone than to protect yourself. But please, if you write anything else here, be more responsible. Because this is not only you who think about your rights here. You blame us publicly saying things that you cannot prove because they're not true. You did it several times. If you want to take legal actions with what you wrote above - again, go ahead and do it, we have nothing to fear here. But, again think a little bit if you may be wrong and made some wrong conclusions.
Once more time I offer to investigate this situation and send you all details regarding crawling your site, if you give me an address of it.