wheel - 12:47 am on Feb 18, 2011 (gmt 0)
I've got a large list of IP's someone was kind enough to give me. I believe they're of scrapers and rough areas of the world. I've implemented them in a .htaccess.
I've also implemented a banned list of UA's I found online that funnily enough was developed from some of the threads here on WebmasterWorld.
I've whitelisted the three main SE's, and banned everyone else.
I've thrown a honey pot URL into the robots.txt as well. For now I'll just watch my logs and ban any IP that accesses that URL. I may eventually drop a script into the directory as the index that either emails me every access, or auto-ads the URL to the .htaccess file.
I'm going to build the content behind the scenes, then put it online in one big dump. THen I'm going to immediately start building links to it. Hopefully that's a good start for getting this online and running. I'll add the header info later, as that's going to take some programming.