ergophobe - 12:33 am on Jan 29, 2011 (gmt 0)
Wow! Kaled, that worked!
I realized that I had changed batteries, but not really given the computer time to discharge any capacitors. So I took the battery out, pushed the boot button so it would try to boot and drain any capacitors.
Rebooted and whatever it is was reset. Quickbooks and Chrome work fine.
The odd thing is, unlike the other folks in that thread, for me it was happening 100% of the time with those two apps and 0% of the time with any other apps.
Strange, but this has been driving me nuts for a while with Chrome. When I started using Quickbooks, it became completely intolerable.
I have to make a confession - I actually saw that thread in my searching, but early on they said it was a Win7 64-bit thing and figured it wouldn't work for me (32-bit XP)