FromBelgium - 2:06 pm on Feb 25, 2013 (gmt 0)
Thanks for your answers!
I have 2 sites on the shared host (Enom!): one is Windows and the other one is Linux hosted. Only the Linux one is giving that problem.
Info from log files (I changed domain name):
Hundreds of Lines like this:
18.104.22.168 - - [25/Feb/2013:03:25:26 -0800] "GET /stylesheet.css HTTP/1.1" 200 1678 "http://www.mydomain.com/" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)"
Only one line:
[Mon Feb 25 04:44:32 2013] [error] [client 22.214.171.124] File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/page.php
Traceroute gives time out at hop 8. But when I refresh the page (or open another page) it loads instantly. It is only the first request that fails. I also get the error when I open first an non-php file, such as robots.txt.
This is message in Google Webmaster Tools: "Over the last 24 hours, Googlebot encountered 46 errors while attempting to access your robots.txt. To ensure that we didn't crawl any pages listed in that file, we postponed our crawl. Your site's overall robots.txt error rate is 9.2%."