helenp - 7:48 am on Jul 30, 2011 (gmt 0)
I was talking about the email that has been sent.
I looked at the header and there were no content-type at all in it. I sent a new one, this time I did not download it, checked it at cpanels emailprogram, and the same result cañon guía åäö.
Yesterday I also tried html forms, those that you fill in the information in the website, then when you click on enter, outloook (or whatever one have) opens to send the email, same result there, the characters were bad.
I have entered [validator.w3.org...] and checked the test page, and it says encoding utf-8
Just dont understand anything.
However just to check, sent an email from my real form where I changed everything to utf-8 except the database and the content type in the header was:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
However W3 validated the page as utf-8
dont know if they just read the charset or the encoding.
To change to utf-8 I used PsPad, as one recomended it, just dont understand the libiconv and what command I have to write, and if I have to write every page, or can do the whole folder.
Anyway the testform I did I used dreamweaver with the default set to utf-8 and did a new page, so it should be encoded correctly in utf-8.