callivert - 9:46 am on Oct 18, 2007 (gmt 0)
1) is there a critical mass of people searching for your term?
(it's okay to be niche, but not too niche)
2) are there others building successful sites in your areas?
(if so, then the first place to start is figure out what they're doing right)
3) with any of your projects, have you ever followed Brett's "successful site in 12 months" guide?
(if not, then why not?)
4) do you, personally, think your sites are good? do your friends/colleagues/family? would you be proud to give out your URL at a party or a meeting?
5) do you engage in active and aggressive linkbuilding on a week-by-week basis?
6) do you continually add new content?
7) are your landing pages low in memory, eye-catching and nice to look at?