kanetrain - 8:59 am on Jan 13, 2004 (gmt 0)
I'm being totally honest with you. I completely lost my homepage the very week I submitted for PFI. We still don't know what caused it and we've been dealing with it for quite some time.
I'm hoping to find resolution ASAP.
I would honestly wait until they find and fix some of these bugs before I would submit my front page to Inktomi. If you really insist on doing PFI, only submit internal pages and pages that wouldn't normally get crawled.
PFI will probably be a great way to secure your pages in Inktomi in the future, but for now, I personally think it's just too risky. You can read some of the other threads here and see what some of us have run into. If your front page is alreay in Ink, I'd say, don't bother submitting it right now. Wait for them to get things figured out and fixed before you do that. Best of luck to you. Let us know how your experiece is. And by the way, it's actually really important to get a good reseller too. In the unfortunate event that something happens and your pages are "phantomed out", you'll need a company that will help you out. I use PT. And even though I've had a poor PFI experience, they've been fabulous to work with and they've really tried very hard to help me out.