Christoph - 4:03 pm on Oct 10, 2003 (gmt 0) I try to summarize my experiences and some elements of the discussion. My scenario: 1. We all have good results in Inktomi/PureSearch Christoph
Hello from Germany,
2. We are loosing our SERPs since October, 1st in HotBot and MSN.com as well
3. Hotbot and MSN.com belong to different companies with their individual business goals.
4. Itīs highly improbable that both companies acted synchronously regarding the filtering and dropping of listings.
5. So the different algorithm of Hotbot/MSN compared to that of Inktomi/PureSearch has been applied before the weighed data/results were transferred to Hotbot/MSN.
6. Why should Inktomi do this? Who is interested in such a policy?
7. a) Yahoo owns Inktomi. They may consider to transfer all the dropped Inktomi listings to their search results while Inktomi continues delivering the altered (for all of us horrific) data to MSN.com and Hotbot. So all PFI clients still are included in Hotbot and MSN.com (with bad positions) and additionally in Yahoo with better rankings. Perhaps the PFI clients have to pay an extra fee for that...And MSN/Hotbot will show less relevant results (competitors). b) Or maybe itīs a warning shot against MSN not to cancel the contract with Yahoo-owned Overture.
8. In consequence of a) Yahoo would have to do something with their actual Google listings
9. I think we will have some breaking news soon.
I try to summarize my experiences and some elements of the discussion. My scenario:
1. We all have good results in Inktomi/PureSearch