My client has an application page that is built in PHP where people fill out applications and when sent I'm guessing go to a database. This was all setup before me but they have a login for the CMS and to check what applications have been sent. A few days ago they can only see the applications sent until 3-23-2012. When I login on my computer I see the recent ones sent even today. I can't figure it out for the life of me why they can't see it. I told them to try a different computer and browser on their end but it's still not working. They are all connected to the same T-1 line, that's the only consistent thing. We're both using the same login just different connections. Any tips? They're putting out ads for employment and really need this working ASAP and I'm not sure how to fix it.
I found out that when I went to the clients office, all the sudden I can't see the updated records. Also, I updated their website that I see at home but on any computer at their office that updated info isn't showing up on their computers. Really weird. So it has to do with the wifi. So what can I tell their wifi company to fix? Seems like it's not getting cached or something.
Msg#: 4479230 posted 1:19 am on Jul 31, 2012 (gmt 0)
Ya I'm publishing the changes to a live server, I'm using [docs.cksource.com...] CKeditor it looks like, never used that before. No it's not a localhost setup.
Ya I had other people on other internet connections check for me and they see the updates. Seems like it's only when I login on their wifi. It's only showing 230 records of applications sent and I see 1700 (the correct number) When I'm at home or on other wifi's.
Also on their wifi no matter what computer/browser I use I can't see updates I did to a live website. But if I use my wifi or another wifi it works.
Msg#: 4479230 posted 6:36 am on Jul 31, 2012 (gmt 0)
Check what DNS resolves to for the host between their site and the rest of the world. It would not be uncommon (although it is ill-advised) to use the external domain also internally and serving more information internally and hence copying the external info in the private DNS servers. If the external one that is updated, only the internal ones do not see it and continue to point to an old instance. Others reasons like content filters, proxies etc. can also exist, depends a bit on how their network is built. If they're small it might be that the ISP they use used to host their website and has not removed the DNS service after they moved away from them for webhosting and/or DNS services and that soem old info was left lingering around.
Check on the logs of the server that you actually see their connection come in live. -> if you have that, network, proxies, DNS etc should be relatively clean, and you should try to focus on the server - but from what you describe, you will not get there I'm afraid ...