| 2:21 pm on Sep 29, 2010 (gmt 0)|
I suppose, the "-i -o" vs "-oi -t" isn't important, but the path has to be changed.
Also: change the first line
"#!/usr/bin/perl -w", just to make sure it's not a problem with line-endings (ASCII-transmission may not help).
| 5:10 pm on Sep 29, 2010 (gmt 0)|
OK, this is what I have in the script at the moment.
$mailprog = '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i';
and on the first line its
Ive done a check to see the path using myserver.cgi and it threw up all sorts of confusing stuff.
One of which was the path to sendmail it gave
it also stated
no such file or directory error returned by server
Im assuming that this relates to a cgi-bin
My domain has a subdomain so should I create a cgi-bin folder in the main domain or the subdomain maybe this could be the problem (you can see Im clutching at straws here)
Thanks for your response.
| 5:16 pm on Sep 29, 2010 (gmt 0)|
Sorry I should have said that the error is listed under additional information, variable $!, Value No such file or directory, Description error returned by sender
| 9:00 pm on Sep 29, 2010 (gmt 0)|
I'm pretty sure that the cgi-bin is not the problem, iirc, 1 and 1 does not require cgi-scripts to be in a cgi-bin, they just have to end in .pl or .cgi and be executable.
the additional information might indicate that some file could not be opened. I'm not sure, is it maybe configured to show a "thankyou" page that does not exist?
Search for "open" in the source code and make sure the files that it tries to open do exist.
| 9:02 pm on Sep 29, 2010 (gmt 0)|
Thanks janharders, that's one thing I overlooked. I'll give it a go and let you know what the outcome is.
| 11:14 pm on Sep 29, 2010 (gmt 0)|
500 Internal Server Error is typically accompanied by an entry in the server error log.
| 7:36 am on Oct 4, 2010 (gmt 0)|
Hi guys, thanks for your help here. 1and1 do not provide an error log, but looking back on janharders post I decided to look more start from new. Once I had set a different path to a new file with new name bingo it worked.
Thanks again for your assistance.
| 7:43 am on Oct 4, 2010 (gmt 0)|
and since i didn't notice before now:
welcome to WebmasterWorld [webmasterworld.com], Nik!
| 1:02 pm on Oct 5, 2010 (gmt 0)|
Not being able to access an error file can be frustrating in itself but you could always add the line
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
to your scripts. I've been able to locate things faster using this than with an error file.
Something else which can prove handy is called perl diver for finding paths, installed modules, etc.,....and its a freebie.
Check out [scriptsolutions.com ]
| 6:45 pm on Oct 5, 2010 (gmt 0)|
Nice one thanks Typo I'll check it out.