I have downloaded and implemented the latest formmail script. Everything worked until I chose to use the "required" fields. For some reason, even though I have valid entries in the two required fields (Name, Email) it still triggers the default error message.
I've gone thru my syntax in my contact form, but don't see anything and I checked the pearl file to be sure I didn't inadvertently make a goof.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks much, Brian
[edited by: brotherhood_of_LAN at 3:20 pm (utc) on Nov. 25, 2008] [edit reason] No personal URLs please, as per ToS, thanks. [/edit]
I'm not a user of perl myself, are you fairly proficient with editing the script?
formmail is quite an old script, I'm not sure what the state of play with it is nowadays, it was known to contain some security issues a long time back. I'm sure someone else here will have good experience with it....
It appears to still be used quite frequently and has many security safeguards built into it now compared to the last time I set one of them up about 5yrs past.
I can understand the script code about as much as anyone who knows logical code in general, but I am NOT a programmer nor do I know Perl per se. I did look thru the script to ensure there were no obvious issues where the variables were called for the required fields and I also compared it to the original script on his website to ensure I didn't mess it up somehow.