Msg#: 4336192 posted 6:04 am on Jul 7, 2011 (gmt 0)
I'm having some trouble adding XML sitemaps to Bing Webmaster Tools. I'm using the same sitemaps I use with Google, but I'm unable to add xml.gz sitemaps (it's a vBulletin forum with VBSEO, so the .xml.gz sitemaps are actually URL rewrites to a php script that generates the sitemap, not sure if this is the issue).
And some of the other sitemaps (just raw .xml files this time) come up with "unsupported feed" errors (the same sitemaps work in Google Webmaster Tools, which I'm assuming uses the same sitemap.org schema?). I've resubmitted those to see if it helps.
Is there anything else I need to do to ensure XML sitemap compatibility?
Msg#: 4336192 posted 5:00 am on Jul 23, 2011 (gmt 0)
It seems the other problem has been fixed as well, so thanks bingdude for the help!
The only problem is that some of the sitemaps I added in early July still has the "pending" status, but some have been processed already.
However, I noticed something that I'm not quite sure if it's intentional or not. I have the main site as www.example.com, and a forum on forum.example.com, which I added as a separate site in Bing Webmaster Center. But the sitemap I added for the forum appears under the main site's section as well. I've tried to remove it, but it just comes back.
I would prefer to have "www" separate from "forum" and other sub-domains, since otherwise the data gets confusing.