I initially thought I'd just copy over my GAW account which has been performing well. +80% rejection rate. I futzed with it for days, trying to get it set up.
Thousands and thousands of rejections, and each one shoots off its own email. Every day I would have hundreds of new emails from Ad Center. Finally, I gave up and just let it be.
I was contacted by their support team to ask if their specialists could help in the set up. They said that the editorial requirements were much different from other systems, and a few well-placed changes would make all the difference. I was happy to let them. Result, thousands and thousands of new rejections finally ending up where I started, about 20% of my already tested keywords from Google and practically no revenue.
At the IRCE in June, I stopped by the Ad Center booth. I was passed on to their account support specialist from the lead department. Unfortunately, my spend wasn't large enough to gain access to his team but he promised to take a look. He told me the support team I was working with meant well (which I totally concur with) but they didn't really understand the system. He said he'd make some tweaks that should get things moving.
The result, increased performance (nothing stellar, but more keywords active)...for about a week. Then the editorial reviews start going again, and keywords are falling out by the hundred.
I am starting to believe two things:
1. Even within the organization, no one really understands how to drive this bus.
2. The traffic is heavily skewed toward a particular demographic. It is a great source for certain industries, others its not so good. I'm in the second group, so I'm done with it (at least for now). If you're in the first group, you'll just have to constantly battle a broken system to eke out a continuous traffic stream.