|adCenter to Receive Overhaul on 8/5|
New changes and features for new release
| 11:43 am on Aug 3, 2006 (gmt 0)|
adCenter will support Firefox. MSN has taken quite a public bashing about not supporting this browser, and it seems they've fixed the issues for this release.
Significant changes to functionality. (some listed below)
Will have time filters (default is month to date) when looking at data:
- this month
- last month
- this year
- last year
- life to date
- custom date range
- Many backend changes that help efficiencies (what users will notice is speed changes)
- Asynchronous data use
- Many nice UI changes for better user experience
Improved Price Estimations
- Will take into account rule matching changes
- Will help set expectations for accounts
- Forecasting is an area of focus for adCenter
Fixes from July:
- Bug where ads were stuck in 'pending approval' state is fixed.
- Admitted July was a bit difficult, however, they've done a lot of listening to the community and are working hard on improving the user experience. Ad approval issues were fixed.
What they're working on:
- Power Posting - WOW - Can't wait to see how this is implemented. It will be interesting to see with all of MSN parameter features how they pull this off. There will be a serious set of mindshare in organizing this so that it works well.
- Looking to move to a more Windows Live type interface.Although,I do hope they don't mimic this exactly. I had to stop using Live.com for reading blogs because of how much processing power it took. If a page was open more than 24 hours, IE was trying to use more than 1 gig of memory for a single page!
- Inherited settings from campaign level. Right now, one has to set all the settings at the order level, and it would be very nice if one could set this at a campaign and have those settings inherited downward (in fact,I was part of the meeting with MSN about features I wanted to see in order to improve the UI - so very happy with this change).
| 8:46 pm on Aug 4, 2006 (gmt 0)|
I just wanted to remind you that due to tomorrow's release, adCenter will be unavailable from 7 A.M to 9 P.M Pacific Time (August 5). During this period, your current keywords and ads will continue to run. However, you won't be able to access adCenter to make changes.
| 7:41 am on Aug 5, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Changes sound good, and glad to see they are supporting Firefox.
As far as I'm concerned, they are easily number two (way past the Yahoo/Overture Frankenstein), and I hope they can start to close the gap on number one.
| 4:50 pm on Aug 6, 2006 (gmt 0)|
I'm unable to access adCenter using Firefox 22.214.171.124 on a Mac, however able to on the PC. Anyone else see this?
| 6:54 pm on Aug 7, 2006 (gmt 0)|
This version of Firefox should be running without any problems on OSX (specifically v10.3.9). elektrodish, are you still having this problem? If so, what OS are you running?
| 9:14 pm on Aug 7, 2006 (gmt 0)|
I'm running v 10.4.7 (Tiger with latest updates). Tested on two different machines (MacBook Pro and G5 Tower)
Deleted cookies, cache, etc. and still no go.
| 8:59 pm on Aug 13, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Good move forward