| 10:12 pm on Feb 5, 2014 (gmt 0)|
It depends how you go about it.
1) You could have a single "responsive design" website, which reformats client-side for smaller screens.
2) You could have a single "adaptive design" website, which reformats at specific breakpoints - to fit a predetermined set of screen and device sizes.
3) You could have a single RESS website (responsive design + server-side components) which serves some components optionally, depending on the screen-size (or device).
4) You could have a single website which handles resolution / device pretty much entirely server side and produces different pages for different screens/devices.
5) You could have separate desktop and mobile sites.
Google's take is here (pp. 5-11):
Building Websites for the Multi-Screen Consumer [google.com]
| 3:47 pm on Mar 5, 2014 (gmt 0)|
|My question is does mobile help with your main sites positioning in the search engines? |
I wonder about the same. Did anyone experience positive movement after making a site mobile friendly, i.e., overall traffic improved (not just mobile)?
| 10:25 am on Mar 6, 2014 (gmt 0)|
Ronin, fyi that link is a 404 now
| 2:02 pm on Mar 6, 2014 (gmt 0)|
It isn't making the site mobile friendly that gains you points but, in the process of doing so, you make your site "all device" friendly which is what gains you points.
| 9:30 am on Mar 13, 2014 (gmt 0)|
i suggest you please check google analytic account and find out how many people are suffering your website on internet. if you find that number is good, than you should make mobile version website. it will help your visitors and you will increase your CTR.
| 9:19 am on Apr 15, 2014 (gmt 0)|
Google recommends Responsive Website Design which means your site will show up before other mobile sites in a search
| 11:47 pm on Apr 15, 2014 (gmt 0)|
|Google recommends Responsive Website Design |
I thought the same way, even if it's not stated by entities like Google. The more adaptive a site is, the more of users should be pleased by it.
| 10:59 pm on Jun 10, 2014 (gmt 0)|
It totally depend on the site if the site is reliable for mobile you can done seo through mobile.