|Can't use powerpoint dlls on default website|
| 6:57 pm on Jan 13, 2012 (gmt 0)|
I am using the microsoft.interopt.powerpoint dlls in a website. I'm using them to take powerpoints and convert them into images to show in the website. I have this working fine when I run it in VS, however, when I moved it to the default website, it doesn't work. I don't get an error, and it can create the folders it needs to just fine, but it doesn't create any images. I've tried changing permissions to full control for everyone to rule that out. I also have tried running the app pool under the local system, and administrative user. The only thing I can see is when I run procmon and try to create the images I see a FAST IO DISALLOWED. However, I see that error when it works running under VS. When I do the same running the site under VS, there are 1000s of events calling the powerpoint.exe file (this is when it works). I gave the site full trust, by changing it to local system, and also by setting it in the web.config. Does anyone have any ideas on why I'm having this issue?
| 7:56 pm on Jan 13, 2012 (gmt 0)|
Is Power point insteadd on the webserver?
I am going to assume it is not.
The interopt powerpoint dll is a Dot.Net dll which calls into the full powerpoint application. So without the full powerpoint application installed the interopt can not do anything.
| 8:05 pm on Jan 13, 2012 (gmt 0)|
I'm not sure I follow you? I'm installing this on a laptop, even though it's running as a .net website, it's just going to run under local host. I did that because of better options for skinning with html than with a C# form. So, it works when I run it in VS on the laptop, but not when I run it under an asp.net website on the same laptop. It's not on a web server like a normal website would be.
| 2:59 pm on Jan 16, 2012 (gmt 0)|
It is more then likely a permission issue, as Asp.net does not run under the same account that the visual studio webserver runes under.
Asp.net runs under a more restrictive permissions, and they will more then likely need to be changed on your laptop to make this work.
| 3:10 pm on Jan 16, 2012 (gmt 0)|
Thought of that. I ran procmon and saw that when I ran VS it was running under the local admin account. I changed the app pool to run under the same account. I also gave the site full trust. I still have the issue.