Hi Some time ago I converted my site to ASP.NET 2.0 and noticed 500 Servererror messages in my logs. If I put the same url in my IE browser, they worked ok. Using Fiddler I found out that the problem was only coming up for GoogleBot and Yahoo (and similar Mozilla spiders). I found the below article during research and the solution worked for me.
The reason listed in that referenced url might be the one of the factors triggering the problem you are experiencing. But without the exact error message it is impossible to tell if that is really the case or not. Can you capture the exact error message by using a global error trap, and post the error here so we can better help you in determining the exact cause of the error or at least help narrow it down.
[edited by: Ocean10000 at 9:31 pm (utc) on April 19, 2007]