Msg#: 4367545 posted 12:17 am on Sep 27, 2011 (gmt 0)
I just ran through about 950 outbound links on my site to check them for changes, etc.
I do this every few months, and have for years. This time there were a lot more deletions. There were more than the usual number of plain old 404s, and a surprising number of "re-purposed and/or re-targeted" sites.
A significant number of pages now showed what I guess was Chinese text.
In all, I deleted around 90 links.
For the first time I found a significant number of sites that had switched from a .com to a .net or .org etc, about 50 changes of that nature. (These are separate from the deletions)