|Link Building with the Experts|
Group Interview on Sugarrae.com
| 6:00 pm on Jul 14, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Our dear Sugarrae has interviewed nine people about link building. The methodology is to ask the participants to submit questions and then everyone independently answers those questions. I haven't read it yet as of this moment but I do want to share the link because Rae's round robin series consistently features good thoughts on link building and is worth discussing here on WebmasterWorld.
Participants this year are:
- Aaron Wall of SEO Book and Clientside SEM @aaronwall
- Dave Snyder, Managing Partner of the Blueglass Agency @davesnyder
- Debra Mastaler of Alliance Link and the The Link Spiel @debramastaler
- Eric Ward, Ericward.com Linking Strategies and Chief Link Evangelist at advertising intelligence firm AdGooroo.com @ericward
- Justilien Gaspard, Link Columnist for SEW and owner of Justilien.com
- Michael Gray of the Graywolf SEO blog @graywolf
- Rae Hoffman-Dolan, aka Sugarrae, CEO of MFE Interactive @sugarrae
- Rand Fishkin from SEOMoz @randfish
- Roger Montti, the founder and owner of martinibuster.com @martinibuster
And here it is, Link Building with the Experts [sugarrae.com].
[edited by: martinibuster at 6:03 pm (utc) on Jul 14, 2011]
| 6:02 pm on Jul 14, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Thanks for the post. OK after a quick look, it's going to take some time to sort out and digest that.
[edited by: ken_b at 6:28 pm (utc) on Jul 14, 2011]
| 6:07 pm on Jul 14, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Rand Fishkin recommends paying for tweets.
|#2 Paid acquisition through sponsored tweets, Facebook ads, etc. are a direct path to better social metrics, and theyre currently well-priced and reward creativity. |
If tweets have become a citation metric, then is buying tweets the same as buying links? Or is it advertising?
We've been down this road before. Many top SEO's justified buying links on the grounds that it was an advertising activity. But that tune changed after Google started burning client sites.
Is buying tweets advertising or buying a citation metric?
| 7:10 pm on Jul 14, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Looks like we will need a rel="nochirp" for paid tweets.
| 8:34 pm on Jul 14, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Well, good job I have a paid tweet service in my niche :). I put it together earlier this year 'just in case'.
Except I don't just have a paid tweet service where people get paid to tweet about 'buy Tide laundry detergent'. I've attempted to make it much more devious than that :). Hopefully I look like a tree in a forest. Noooobody here but us trees, nossir.