Hey fellow forum members,
I am confused as to what actually is termed as "Link Building"? People tend to use this term very often. Actually it is the most difficult part of promotion on the internet.
1. Some people have the notion that link building is going in for reciprocal links. But as we all know, Google is against it !
2. Others say, create fantastic content and people will link to you automatically. But, there is already so well "created" content on the web for some of the niche, it virtually becomes impossible to beat them.
3. Another group of webmasters/SEOs go with submissions at article and directory sites. Here too, the quality of back links is as good as dead.
4. We all get a lot of spam stating "please add my link cuz blah blah". I sure this does not work!
5. Then, there is always a "paid" option :)
So, what in your view is actually link building. Is it only what is stated above or is much deeper than this?
Would link building be there (as we know it) a couple of years ahead or social media would have overwhelmed the search scenario?