homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.145.182.50
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Pubcon Platinum Sponsor 2014
Home / Forums Index / Code, Content, and Presentation / JavaScript and AJAX
Forum Library, Charter, Moderator: open

JavaScript and AJAX Forum

    
JS Drop Down Failing on Certain asp Page
ddlevels menu failing on only one page of site
stonewall

5+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4344103 posted 3:42 pm on Jul 26, 2011 (gmt 0)

During the final tweaking and testing of the restyling of my employers website, I have found that for some reason, on one page of the site, two JS drop down menus are having a rather odd failure. Well, actually the menus are still working, but upon mouseover of the menu, the rest of the page shows a (well two) "page cannot be found" errors. This problem is only happening on this particular page, and the page goes back to normal on mouse-out of the menu. I am at a total loss as I am not the original coder of the website and I have no knowledge of the scripting used. If someone could please take a look at the page and tell me what the problem is, it would be greatly appreciated.

I had planned on placing the code in the post, but I am given an error that the post is too long, so here is the URL.

[url]https://www.stonewallcable.com/stonedev/shopper_new.asp?[/url]

 

Fotiman

WebmasterWorld Senior Member fotiman us a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 5+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4344103 posted 4:09 pm on Jul 26, 2011 (gmt 0)

Line 119 of ddlevelsmenu.js is setting the height of an iframe, which has a src of blank.htm, which apparently doesn't exist. This is the where the problem occurs. I would work back from there to determine why it's showing this iframe.

stonewall

5+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4344103 posted 5:45 pm on Jul 26, 2011 (gmt 0)

Thanks so much for finding that for me!

I found the reference to the iframe, aparently when on a secure page you need to alter the code a bit (per a note left in the code). I tried what the note instructed to do, but it did not work. However, I noticed that the reason for the iframe was to prevent the menu from being hidden by certain objects. Being as I didnt have to worry about that in the first place, I just changed the enableshim for the iframe to false and that fixed the problem.

Thanks again for the help.

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  
 

Home / Forums Index / Code, Content, and Presentation / JavaScript and AJAX
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved