homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.226.213.228
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Become a Pro Member

Home / Forums Index / Code, Content, and Presentation / WYSIWYG and Text Code Editors
Forum Library, Charter, Moderator: open

WYSIWYG and Text Code Editors Forum

    
Dreamweaver 8 and arabic encoding problem
It was working untill i restored win XP
smagdy




msg:3234821
 3:04 pm on Jan 28, 2007 (gmt 0)

Hello,

The arabic was displayed properly in Dreamweaver 8, then i restored win XP to earlier date, then i found the arabic displayed from left to right though all the configrations are set to arabic windows!

I followed online tutorials to set it to the right encoding but it still show from left to right even after upgrading to latest Dreamweaver 8 upgrades and reinstalling it!

Is there any hidden configration to fix that?

Thanks in advance

 

louponne




msg:3234826
 3:09 pm on Jan 28, 2007 (gmt 0)

Not sure I understand here. You are talking about a web-page that you open in up DW, right? And the exact same web-page, no modifications at all, read right-to-left (rtl) at one point, and thel left-to-right, at another? That doesn't sound possible.

As I understand it, the direction of text is controlled by certain tags and attributes in the tags, not by DW or any other browser - so I can't see how what you're describing is possible. There must be a difference between the page you looked at before, and the page you're looking at now.

smagdy




msg:3234864
 4:06 pm on Jan 28, 2007 (gmt 0)

Hello,

Thanks for replying and sorry if i was not clear!

Well, the page looks fine in the browser IE7 & firefox, but in dreamweaver, the arabic characters and shown from right to left i mean every charater in every word is written from right to left!

and same if i copy and paste new arabic in the dreamweaver document!

louponne




msg:3235502
 7:57 am on Jan 29, 2007 (gmt 0)

hm, well that one's beyond me then. Again, I'd read up on "rtl" tags.
For example:
[fr.wikipedia.org...]
[w3.org...]
[mac.plonter.co.il...]

smagdy




msg:3235540
 9:21 am on Jan 29, 2007 (gmt 0)

Thanks, but its dreamweaver issue not the web site!

louponne




msg:3236280
 7:39 pm on Jan 29, 2007 (gmt 0)

Yes, I understood - but my bet is that the rtl attributes are not correctly set, and that the browser is being nicer about it than DW

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  
 

Home / Forums Index / Code, Content, and Presentation / WYSIWYG and Text Code Editors
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved