Internet Exploder in XP Pro: Trying to view local web pages under development - the security flashes at the top saying that 'to protect this computer, the features on this web page have been disabled' or something like that.
When you click on it to tell it "OK JUST ALLOW IT!" then it of course in true Microsoft fashion brings up another popup asking are you really sure you want to allow this content?
Why does this happen only when the pages are LOCAL? Once they are uploaded to the site, I can check it live via the Inernet without the security issue popping up.
I've relaxed the security on the browser while doing development work and the notification still occurs. WHY?
Worse yet, I just purchased an E-book for my hobby of AstroPhotography ... and it is browser-based. So of course, this Microsoft Security issue appears every time I try to read a chapter of the book.
What do I do to correct this (other than uploading this book to my server and not reading it locally?)
And even if I did that, I'd still have the same issue when I am doing WebDesign.
I ran into this issue last fall when I was creating a "CD of a website" for people to run locally. By the way, it is only an issue with IE, no other browser. This is because IE had to deal with some monstrous security holes, and the quick fix was to stop all kinds of things from running locally.
At any rate, I thought the neatest solution was to run a server on your local machine. However, there are other approaches. And as an aside, perhaps use Firefox or Opera during development and only mess with IE as a final check. I find that this approach shortens development time quite a bit, as do other developers I know.
At any rate, you may find some help in the thread I started on this topic last October: