|All BASE products Disapproved|
Has google changed Base in any way over the past month-ish? Like wanting a sacrifice of a firstborn?
Three weeks ago I uploaded a new feed file using Manual mode - I do this every three weeks. The feed was accepted.
I went to upload a new file today and discovered that a day or two after the previous upload ALL 3,000 odd products were Disapproved. No notfication of any kind, just dumped. Which probably meant a drop in trade - though how much I don't know.
I re-uploaded the same file as last time (the products seldom change) and again it came up Disapproved. So I uploaded the previous file, which had been working well for several months. Disapproved again.
If it were my own site I would just dump the account, but I have to explain why to the site's owner if I do. Anyone got any ideas?
Look at the reason given. Your not doing any research at all just uploading a bad file over and over. Find out why it isn't hard. Google will tell you why it was rejected in the same interface.
I had a feed disapproved two days ago, but received a fairly (for Google) detailed email on why it had been disapproved. It was completely my fault. Now as to when it will be re-approved...no clue as I just completed the corrections today.
Are you sure you didn't receive an initial email with the disapproval that you missed?
bwnbwn - I was not "just uploading a bad file". I uploaded a pre-checked file in January and a known good file (approved by google) yesterday.
All google "told me" was that the products were all Disapproved. No email, no help (beyond that) and no obvious way of communicating with them. The "help" on Disapproved shed no light at all on the problem.
My wife found a form to contact them this afternoon: it was in the public (logged-off) pages not in the logged-in "merchant" area.
It IS hard to find why the file has been dumped on: the January file had half a dozen extra products added, the February one reverted to the pre-January one, which I'd been uploading for probably 6 months before this. I did check the January file before uploading and found nothing wrong. Nor did google find anything wrong to begin with. As I said, it was a day or so later; if it had been immediate I would have seen the error.
Philosopher - guaranteed no email received. I run my own mail servers (one primary and two backups) as part of my service to my clients. After we discovered and submitted the form this afternoon an acknowlegement email arrived within minutes.
dstiles in the interface when you view the file it doesn't show you the file and then a link next to it as to status of file or upload? This is were I see an issue with my uploads. Most of the time is has to do with improper date or atributes.
What are you selling? Could the products be something that violates google guidlines?
[edited by: bwnbwn at 3:57 pm (utc) on Feb 19, 2010]
What the OP is referring to is a bit different. It's a manual disapproval, not something automated. All you see in your control panel "disapproved" as your feed status.
Once it has been disapproved, it will stay disapproved until it is manually reviewed again and re-approved.
In my case, it ended up being pretty quick. I uploaded the corrected feed yesterday, replied to the initial disapproval email, and last night received a reply from someone stating they had re-checked my feed and approved it.
bwnbwn - No status. Just every item marked Disapproved and no Active products. Products are spares for domestic appliances - been on "froogle" since its early days.
Philosopher - pretty much the same here with a twist.
I was surprised to receive a "real" email within 8 hours of submitting the form we eventually found (delay probably due to different time zones). Previous experience of google had not led me to expect this speed.
The email stated that "the image URLs in your data feed are still not working correctly". The implication (to me) was that no image link worked.
In reality 260 of 3000 failed, all others worked fine. This was unchanged since the site was originally added to "froogle" in 2005. My fault for not picking up on the duff links in the first place but 5+ years and then block them ALL? I KNOW it's possible to write better software than that.
Anyway, half an hour slaving over a hot programming editor fixed it, with no data in the image field where there was no image. I uploaded the new file and all products (including image-less ones) were flagged as Active less than an hour later. With, as far as I know, no manual intervention - certainly I had not sent the "thank you" email until after they were Active.
Thanks for letting me moan about this, guys. I hope my experience and your replies will be helpful to a few people.
I have the Similar problem when I submit datafeed to the google merchant. I runs well about 2 days, then all of the products come to the Inactive. Then I submit the datafeed manual again, then the data feed status change "Disappoved".
And I recieve the email from google, The just said:
Feed Level Messages
Error: Disapproved - Error
Your data feed has been disapproved because some or all of your items are not complying with our Program Policies.
At least 50% of the time, a feed is DISALLOWED without reason.
It's very rare that I get an explanation... even when I've been submitting the same products monthly for 1 year, and they suddenly can me.
I recently submitted feeds for 2 new sites selling LAPTOP BATTERIES and HALLOWEEN COSTUMES... both were summarily and immediately DISallowed. No reasons given whatsoever.
Other markets... no problem. I submit my sites with 20,000 - 30,000 products all the time.
Seems that Google just hates some markets.