Msg#: 3824178 posted 12:56 am on Jan 12, 2009 (gmt 0)
for two weeks google has been bugging me about our google base display name. first they email about: 'website.com', we figured it was the .com so we removed it, and changed to: 'website' now they're complaining about that too!
what do they want? are we missing something?
<paraphrased> ...your display name (Website.com) either has errors or doesn't conform with Google Products Guidelines. To review your display name, see [google.com...]
a week later... same thing
[edited by: tedster at 5:35 pm (utc) on Jan. 13, 2009] [edit reason] paraphrase the email [/edit]
Msg#: 3824178 posted 1:33 am on Jan 12, 2009 (gmt 0)
I've received the same emails. I think I changed the display name the first time, to a shorter version. The second time I caught the fact that I had http:// at the beginning of the web site and that's a no no.
It was probably the http:// that triggered the first message and I just missed the glitch.
Msg#: 3824178 posted 4:55 am on Jan 13, 2009 (gmt 0)
I received the same email, and thought I was going through the same battle I did early last year. My products are accessories for weapons, but are not weapons. There are hundreds of online retailers in Google Base/Products selling the same items I am, but I had to go 'round with Google last year anyway.
Today I received an email saying that warning emails about the display names accidentally went out to sites whose names are not a problem.