We're currently doing broad level remarketing campaigns which are contributing significantly to overall adwords sales and are now looking to expand reach on this front. Here's what I'd like to know -
1. Besides the existing broad level remarketing campaigns, what other types of remarketing campaigns would you suggest? We’re currently doing category level and homepage remarketing but what else can be added to this list?
2. Shopping cart abandonment – This is something I’d really like to know more about. How do we target this visitor with the most appropriate ad? I’ve heard of affiliates who do some sort of remarketing where a user would see ads of products he had clicked on the website. Is there something like this that can be done via adwords? Essentially, can the remarketing ad be personalized?
3. Upselling – We’d ideally want to target all mobile buyers with mobile accessories and so on. Can this be established through adwords remarketing? How do you create such an audience list of visitors who’ve bought specific products only?
4. Thankyou page Remarketing – does it make sense to retarget an existing ‘buyer’? In this case, some sort of credibility is already established as the user has made a purchase from the website. How can this user be targeted at a broad level? Ofourse, ‘upselling’ would also fall under this category
5. Remarketing using Analytics - Just received a product update from GA about new ways to remarket using Analytics but for some reason, I'm unable to view the 'remarketing tab' in there as mentioned in the link. Anyone knows about this?
2) try discount offers specific to that product, time decay is fast, do this < 7 days
3) two main ways to achieve this: +create multiple remarketing tags, program your site to switch them out based on what they bought - quickly gets complicated, especially if it's common to buy multiple items. you can create multiple ifs that conditionally load to solve that, but can also grow out of control. +combine receipt page with product pages (not category pages) - less accurate (depends on your array of products and variants), basically if they visited your product page and bought, combo rem list to target them. problem is, it's often rare that they visited only one product page - but that really depends on what all you sell.
4) it can make sense to target them, it can also make sense to avoid them - depends on what you sell and how they buy it. you might show banners about getting a free item to refer a friend, who knows what's best (okay, you do).