Msg#: 4046180 posted 6:52 pm on Dec 19, 2009 (gmt 0)
We operate an affiliate web site that promotes a variety of products. So back in July, I added to our main URL quite a bit of new content, added client data, and overall made the customer experience a relatively good one. I was rewarded with an improving quality score, and had 10/10 QS on many of our top keywords. Then in mid November we received a ‘warning’ e-mail indicating that we have multiple violations with regards to poor landing quality. Turns out these violations were due to a completely different URL but still in the same Google account. Nevertheless, a serious Google slap, but a slap that was due to a different web site.
So now fast-forward to mid December, all of the ads/keywords that had received a 10/10 QS and were humming along, now have a QS of 1/10 and are essentially shut down. I do not receive impressions with this URL anymore. I do believe this was a result of a manual review, although I did not receive notification of this fact.
So my question now is what do I do? Do I try to keep adding new and improved content and continue to work the site to improve ‘user experience’? Do I risk the ‘LIFE-TIME’ ban from Google if I fail any of their new checks? I guess I’m asking that if I really do not know what Google wants with regards to my affiliate site, how can I add additional content to improve my site, if Google can axe me at anytime?
Does anyone have any experience, recent experience with QS’s dropping to 1, and then trying to improve their site, and getting their QS’s to improve? Or are we now at the point that when Google deems your URL a ‘poor landing page’, we should just throw in the towel?
Msg#: 4046180 posted 4:10 am on Dec 20, 2009 (gmt 0)
Good questions with no answers. Got hit by 1/10 QS on a few campaings myself. Now I am too scared to even create new campaigns for other sites as I am totally scared that I am on a watchlist and will get banned. Maybe the brilliant folks at Google will be so kind to illuminate us as to how to proceed or should we now stop doing anything and just keep waiting..waiting..or what.
This kind of horribly incompetent signals from G make me wanna throw up some times.. Just don't know what to do.