The new AdWords interface does not work with Opera. They recommend using Firefox 3, Internet Explorer 8, or Chrome to manage your AdWords campaigns.
New interface sucks plain and simple. The back button doesn't work at all, it always takes me back to my client center. The screen jitters on every page load.
I hate these heavy UI's that have been cropping up the past couple of years. They are too cluttered and too slow. And I'm even using Chrome.
#1 needs to be fixed ASAP, there needs to be a way to bulk upload keywords with bids and individual URLs like there was in the old interface. This is very critical. Please, please fix this! The lack of this feature is costing me and Google a lot of money.
Here are my thoughts on the new interface:
Firstly, it's clearly much slower than the old interface in most respects. I've disable graphs to try and speed up page load times.
Some of the more useful features of the old interface have been removed (some unintentionally by the looks of it):
1. When you'd finished creating a new Ad Group you used to have the option to "Save the ad group and create a new ad group". This was really handy when working on larger campaigns. It's no longer available via the new interface.
2. If you have an Ad Group containing multiple keywords then you can set the CPC for each keyword manually. If you wanted to change these bids at a later date (for example, to set them all to the default bid for the entire Ad Group) then the old interface allowed you to enter a value for one keyword and copy it across into all selected keywords.
It looks like an attempt has been made to retain this functionality in the new interface but it simply doesn't work (I've tried it using both IE and Firefox).
3. A display problem. If you're in the UK then you currently get shown a bid of 28 pence displayed on screen as UKú0.28. Why the need to include "UK" in this instance? It's just adding to the clutter on the screen.
4. Filter and views. We're not given the option to choose whether or not to see a number of columns. This is annoying. If you're running a search-only campaign then you don't want to see the Content Auto Max CPC column against every keyword, but there's no option to remove it.
5. If you go into an Ad Group and choose to look at ads but then click back to see the Ad Group overview screen (within that particular campaign) then you now see every ad for every Ad Group throughout that entire Campaign. Annoying. Why would anyone want to see this ever?
6. Creating new ads. When creating new Ad Groups, the ad text in your ad defaults to the first ad within the entire campaign, rather than the last ad that you edited.
That's what I've spotted so far. This morning it took me 3 hours to do some tasks that would usually take around 30 minutes :-(
What happened to the little keyword box that let you edit all of your keywords in one easy window?
The spreadsheet tool sucks and is too slow.
|I've disable graphs to try and speed up page load times. |
Help a buddy out! How did you disable graphs? When I go to 'Change Options' on the Graph tab, it just bounces up and down. I'm s-o-o-o confused!
|Help a buddy out! How did you disable graphs? When I go to 'Change Options' on the Graph tab, it just bounces up and down. I'm s-o-o-o confused! |
Look for the Filters and Views dropdown, on the right hand side, just below the date range; there's a Show Graph / Hide Graph toggle.
I'm actually a fan of the new interface, it does many things way faster and the rest I just do in adwords editor...*however* what's up with the tools now? I've seen one account with the new interface and a tab for the tools, but in a different account there only an "opportunities" tab and the tools (keyword tool, ad diagnostics, change history)are nowhere to be found?
Am I blind or are the tools simply not available for all accounts in the new interface? That would be weird indeed...
> there needs to be a way to bulk upload keywords
> with bids and individual URLs like there was in
> the old interface.
wow. I thought I just couldn't find it. I need to increase a lot of bids and that is by far the easiest way for me.
Oneguy, are you using adwords editor?
On and off, DiscoStu. I used to mostly use adwords editor for copying adgroups to different geographic based campaigns.
I found a spreadheet edit and started managing a lot of bid increases that way by doing search/replace.
I can;t do this anymore...
[keyword] ** 3.52 ** http://example.com/keyword-landing-page.html.
But it looks like I can do it in adwords editor if comma or tab delimited like this...
Earlier today I have been working a bit with negative keywords at campaign level, in new interface (like we still have the old one - I wish). This would be the very first time I do this in new interface for more than one keyword, for long time I've been using editor.
So, I'm entering, entering, checking the list in Excel spreadsheet, going back, entering, and so on. Sometimes it helps to do things manually, word by word, as you catch stuff and learn you would never do with working in bulk.
Then, I figure "the interface" is not complaining about duplicates like the old one - at all. I test, and good enough I was able to enter same keyword twice, which would promptly get saved and shown in the list, one after another.
Aaaaaaaaaaa ...Waaaaaaa (I mean AWA)! Heeeelp! Please.
I sent feedback immediately.
I couldn't be MORE ANNOYED with the "http:// or https://" drop-down menus next to every spot you can enter a destination URL in the AdWords UI. I'm sure someone at Google thought that might be helpful in some way, but it just doesn't make any sense. I have to make sure to delete the "http://" off of every destination URL I enter because I don't want to get any errors when I save. SO ANNOYING! BTW, I copy the URL for the landing page and then paste it into the destination URL field each time I add a destination URL.
I've just quoted the above two posts in this week's Advertiser Feedback Report - which goes out in about 30 hours. Thanks!
Any other comments/requests for the new UI posted here before then will also be included.
Plenty of time, and plenty of space in the report. ;)
Can we get "Get an overview of the new interface." go away? Optional?
Not sure I have followed you, smallcompay - but I'll respond on the assumption that there were two separate trains of thought.
|Can we get "Get an overview of the new interface." |
I think this 'microsite' will give you a good overview:
Welcome to the New AdWords Interface
To be very straightforward, I do not foresee the new interface going away, nor do I foresee making it optional and running both the new and the previous interface simultaneously.
Or, were you asking me if I would go away? :)
AWA, omit the period in smallcompany's message and then the request will make sense. :-)
|AWA, omit the period in smallcompany's message and then the request will make sense. :-) |
OK. Now, I'm off to get another cup of coffee - as evidently three very large cups were not nearly enough.
Thanks, Rehan. ;)
Thanks for clarification Rehan.
AWA - I just did copy/paste to ensure you know what I was referring to - the link with the yellow background.
It would be nice if it does not take up so much space horizontally.
- Bring back buttons to the bottom. Why I have to scroll back up for action
- When I go to the next page (i.e. keywords), why I'm left at the bottom of the page? This is the problem that exists in reports for long, now we have it in interface
Got it, smallcompany. ;)
Anything else -- from anyone?
Where is the tools button where I can access "site exclusion" for my content sites?
I have looked & looked.
I finally found a link in the help section so I was able to add some sites to the excluded list but I can NOT find it on the main interface.
Sure do see the word "Loading" a lot - not even sure what it's loading.
But that's just a bit of venting....
1) Why show the Quality Score as a fraction like 9/10? Simply showing your QS as a digit (better still 2 digits!) would make for a much easier read as you try to scan down the columns. Surely we all know the high end of the range by now.
2) Seems on the old interface I could see more than 100 Keywords a page when viewing the Keyword Tab. I recall it was 500 before though I hardly had quite that many in an adgroup. Guess if it was more than 100 per page now, I'd be looking at "Loading" even more.
3) Speaking of Tabs - they have their uses in helping avoid screen clutter, but it would sure be nice to see the Ads on the same screen as the Keywords like we used to.
I could go on......
For those of you searching for the "tools" tab it is now under "Opportunities" down the left side. I could swear I looked there a few days ago & couldn't find it.
In any event it's there now.
This is a bit off-topic.
I must say that thanks to the new Adwords interface I fell in love with the Editor =))
The new thing is simply too slow on my fast PC and fast internet connection.
|I must say that thanks to the new Adwords interface I fell in love with the Editor =)) |
idolw, I can almost guarantee you that once you're closely familiar with Adwords Editor the new interface will also be much more intuitive to you as they are very similar in how they work. It's crazy to me that some people are complaining about Adwords and not even using sophisticated tools like AE that are readily available to them...
|Anything else -- from anyone? |
AWA - the new bid simulator tool...it would be very helpful if it also showed a column for ICC, since you have to calculate this manually anyway to make use of the information.
Edit: One more thing - is it really necessary to have the many per click conversions show by default everywhere? The vast majority must be using 1-per click conversions? For those the many per click numbers are just extra clutter, so I don't think it should be shown by default
Please bring back the "<<prev - next>>" links at the top right of each page that allowed you to navigate to the next ad group in your sorted list. I feel completely LOST without them. It now takes 4 clicks to do what I used to be able to do in 1 click...how is that added efficiency in the new UI? And yes, I know about the category/ad group navigation slider on the left, but that's only useful for people who have fewer than 200 ad groups in your campaigns. If you have more than 200 ad groups that bar is COMPLETELY USELESS. It's also useless if you have sorted your list in any way other than alphabetically. The "<<prev - next>>" links would allow you to enter a campaign, sort the ad group list by whatever column you wish, and then click from the first in your list, to second, to third, etc. while you run through and optimize each ad group in the order you like. Google, PLEASE BRING THIS FUNCTIONALITY BACK!
interface is very fast.
However, stop making tiny little changes every few days! I don't know what you guys do, but it's like you intentionally change stuff so that stat checking software always needs updates to be able to read the stats.
Thanks very much for the new comments here, which, ordinarily, I would pass along later this evening in a report that I send out each Thursday.
Unfortunately, this week, I am running so far behind that the report will not go out at all - for the first time in a very long time.
That said, I will pass your comments along directly to the right team, and/or include them in next week's report.
Thanks very much for taking the time to note your thoughts.
| This 70 message thread spans 3 pages: 70 (  2 3 ) > > |