So a few days ago I added a second ad block to many of my pages. When I went in to Analytics to pull yesterdays report, it seems the "Adsense Pages" report is only tracking the performance from the original blocks at the top, and not counting revenue (or anything for that matter) from anything at the bottom (the new ads). Revenue and clicks track fine in AdSense itself, but I pass tracking info with the UTM source and need information about the adsense clicks and revenue by source - only accessible as far as I know through the AdSense Pages report and filtering by a secondary dimension.
Is this just something it will take analytics a few days to catch up on? I just checked today's data as well, and it's the same situation... tracking the top ads but nothing from the bottom ads.
Anyone have any idea, or experienced this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
My analytics numbers for AdSense have never entirely matched up with the AdSense interface numbers, so I stopped using it. I heard at one point it might have something to do with where you place your analytics code, whether or not it's the first site in your AdSense/Analytics hookup, etc etc, but nothing reliable. Best I can tell you is use the AdSense numbers, not the Analytics numbers.
I know there are inaccuracies, but this isn't just an inaccuracy - analytics just isn't tracking the bottom ad on my pages - the top one tracks fine. AFAIK, I have the ad code in all the proper places, since this tracking has worked for me for months now. Just not sure what the deal is really.