Msg#: 4511563 posted 6:36 am on Oct 24, 2012 (gmt 0)
Some months ago I described a problem with my adsense reports here on WW, specifically sites were appearing in my reports which aren't mine even if they are domains that have never been registered by anyone.
Google.dz and br.bing.com are now being shown as sites I own in my reports ?!
I know that it just shows information for sites in which my code appeared but after having pulled out some hair trying to figure out why a domain that has never been registered, and is available to register, is showing up in my reports I find it a bit humorous to see Google and Bing on the list(my code doesn't appear on their sites, obviously).
My problem with this is that it skews the usefulness of the data, specifically the averages, since the totals are divided by total number of sites. Is there any way to fix this?
Msg#: 4511563 posted 6:20 am on Oct 25, 2012 (gmt 0)
I have used noarchive for several years, sitewide. Mine is a niche fraught with scrapers, unfortunately.
On the bright side the older sites that constantly registered one(or none) pageviews per day, and showed up on my daily reports, seem to abruptly stopped doing so as of two weeks ago. yay! I did write to Google about the problem some months ago but never got a reply, perhaps they looked into it and fixed it.
Msg#: 4511563 posted 7:24 am on Oct 25, 2012 (gmt 0)
If you've used NOARCHIVE and any Google site is claiming to be getting AdSense impressions then you have a legit beef with Google as it should never, ever happen.
However, if you have scrapers that scrape your pages and post your AdSense code elsewhere and then Google indexes THOSE pages which may have the NOARCHIVE filtered out, well, then you have an even bigger beef IMO.
I'd try a SE like Blekko that let's you search for your AdSense pub ID and see where it shows up on the web and find out who is spreading it and how Google is getting it.